IRS levy - Tax Attorney  Help

Offer in Compromise Installment Agreements Trust Fund Penalty Innocent Spouse +Tax Issues & Resources
IRS  Levy and Wage Garnishments IRS Collection Forms Contact Tax SOS IRS TAX TIPS Franchise Tax Board

Innocent Spouse  Relief /  Injured Spouse Relief

Some links and information are provided. However, a  tax professional, who routinely deals with IRS collection matters and Innocent Spouse Relief, should be consulted before any action is taken.


Request for Innocent Spouse Relief:   IRS Form 8857  CURRENT 


Historical Information below:

IRS form 8857   (OLD VERSION).        

IRS Form 8857 (Version 6/2007)  copy at 


IRS Form 2848 Power of Attorney.                                                                  


Failure to Pay Child Support and
Other Federal Non-Tax Obligations IRS Topic 203

Form 8379, Injured Spouse Claim and Allocation

Form 8379(Injured Spouse Claim and Allocateion) copy at 

Relief From Joint and Several Liability (Proposed Regs. 1/2001)

This document contains proposed regulations relating to relief from joint and several liability under section 6015 of the Internal Revenue Code. The regulations reflect changes in the law made by the IRS Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998. The regulations provide guidance to married individuals filing joint returns who may seek relief from joint and several liability. This document also provides notice of a public hearing on these proposed regulations.
Download Full Text Filesize: 97.5 Kilobytes

Copy of Proposed regulationss (1/2001) at Relief from Joint and Several Liability

The above limited information is intended for informational purposes only.  If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought, and this general information should not be relied upon without such professional assistance. 

Adobe Acrobat is needed to view the above forms.  A free version of Acrobat Reader is available  byclicking here.




      A. Nathan Zeliff                          Activate Your Tax Rescue - Contact Tax SOS .